Welcome

Welcome to Vicarage Quilts - thank you for visiting.

I offer several services: longarm quilting, patchwork and appliqué workshops and small items made to commission. In the past I've also made quilts to commission as well as Church or School banners for Walking Days and permanent display.

Please visit the pages listed on the right hand side to find out more and email me with any queries.

Sunday 6 January 2013

Carole's Quilt



Some pictures of a customer quilt completed over the holidays.  These are the true colours: some of the other photographs look very pale but that’s just the dreadful light I seem to have at present: when will it stop being so gloomy?!


When Carole brought her quilt to me, she brought her friends too!  We had a lovely time deciding exactly how to quilt her quilt. 





We agreed on meandering over the applique and a serpentine leafy feather in the sashes.   Surprisingly, a lemon coloured thread seemed as if it would work best.  I also added wiggly outlining on the inside and outside of each block to define the spaces.

It was good to get back to working after the holiday: I hope everyone had a relaxing and happy time!

1 comment: