Welcome

Welcome to Vicarage Quilts - thank you for visiting.

I offer several services: longarm quilting, patchwork and appliqué workshops and small items made to commission. In the past I've also made quilts to commission as well as Church or School banners for Walking Days and permanent display.

Please visit the pages listed on the right hand side to find out more and email me with any queries.

Friday 7 December 2012

New threads


 
An exciting set of parcels in the post... lots of interfacing and a big box full of...


...lovely new threads!


This type of thread seems to work really well on my machine, and I'm really happy to have found a UK stockist, as previously I'd bought it at great (shipping) expense from the US.

So, I bought more than usual...






Like sweeties, but with less calories!  

I've already used one of the blues on a quilt for my mother-in-law for Christmas, and my Mum's chosen the gold for a quilt she's made for my nephew.  I'm making another couple of little quilts too for Christmas, which if I'm super-organised and go without sleep I may finish before Wednesday (the day the recipients' Nanna goes down to visit them) so look out for more pictures soon!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Ali, nice to have you here! The photos fit the rule that if you take hundreds you get a couple of good shots!

      Delete